Solution Finder Get Tech Support

PI Expert Designer lacking desired inductor core

Posted by: A. Lehmann on

Hello,

I am trying to design a circuit using the LYTSwitch5. We almost exclusively use EF16 inductor cores, however this selection is not available in the design tool, making it difficult for me to use the tool to calculate the number of primary and secondary windings required for my purposes. Is it possible for you to add this core to the design tool? I know it is available for some of the other LED drivers in the LYTswitch series, but not for the LYTswitch5, for some reason.

Kind regards,

Alexander Lehmann

Comments

Submitted by PI-Pompeii on 05/07/2024

Hi Alexander, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have filed your request to the development team for implementation. I will update you here once I have a specific date of when it will be reflected in PI Expert Online.

To streamline the process, may I know which LYTSwitch5 XLS are you using?

Thanks and regards, 

PI - Pompeii

Submitted by A. Lehmann on 05/07/2024

Hi PI - Pompeii,

thanks for your response. The XLS is ACDC_LYTSwitch5_Buck_100821; Rev.2.0. At least that's the name it shows at the top left of the design sheet, which I assume is the file name. On the top right it simply says LYTSwitch-5 Buck-Boost Design Spreadsheet.

I look forward to the implementation in the future, it would make my job a little easier.

Kind Regards,

Alexander Lehmann

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 05/14/2024

If you scroll down   through the core options, you will find a selection called "custom". This will allow you to enter the parameters of your preferred EF16 core and proceed with the design. This is true at least for the PIXLS design option.